I wanted to take a second to wish all my readers a Happy Thanksgiving. While gorging myself on turkey and stuffing I thought it might be a good time to reflect on what I'm thankful for (with a hobby related spin of course)
1. My Family: I'm thankful to have such a supportive family that understands my dedication to my hobby and even though they might not fully understand while a grown man plays with toys; they support my efforts and see the "art" that goes into my creations.
2. My Club: The Paperbag Warriors have officially been my gaming club since 2003 and in those 10+ years we've had a rotating cast of members all of whom bring something different to the table. Having such a great group of guys to play games with and share of love of the hobby isn't something all gamers have and I'm thankful for them.
3. A Disposable Income/Self-Sustaining Hobby Budget: Let's be honest this isn't a cheap hobby, sure the amount I spend on models and whatnot might be what someone else drops in a night at the bar it's still a significant investment. Having a good job and a booming side business via this site is what makes my hobby possible and I'm thankful for both.
4. My Creativity: I'm thankful for being gifted with the creative spark. This makes my hobby enjoyable and provides me with a good job.
5. Game Designers: Without them our hobby wouldn't exist so I'm thankful for all the creative men and women that strive to produce quality games and models to full my endless desire for the new shiny.
What are you thankful for?