Let's start a Resolution - Kingdom Death Progress

Kingdom Death – Starting 2017 off right I took a little time to work on one of my own projects, as a commission painter i don't always have a ton of time for my own projects so every now and then i need to take a break and do something for myself.

In an effort to stay on track with my Hobby Goals for 2017 I sat down and assembled all the expansions I have for Kingdom Death along with all the pin-ups. No paint on them yet but at least I was able to throw out the sprues and recycle the boxes to clear some space in my game room. I didn't get a chance to do the armor kits yet as I am still on the fence as to if I should build the kit as a whole or try to mix and match for cool factor. Initially i was going to be an idiot and magnetize everything then I came to my senses looking at the joins and the size of magnets I'd need. The cool factor doesn't make the effort worth it. Which I think the creator realized with the new kickstarter having iconic poses for the different kits instead. 

The expansions and pin ups were significantly easier to put together than the core set of monsters. I'm not sure if that's because they are better designed, in less pieces or just generally less complicated models.

For basing on these I've made a press mold of the face base inserts as well as some plaster casts of dolls heads with those and some sand I should be able to get a cool looking base that will match the game board pretty well. 

With the 1.5 on the way in 2020 I'm planning on being ready. I've already discussed playing this once a month with my current group so we can acutally move forward and play out the full game.