Jersey Sure

Malifaux – So I finally finished up the Neverborn Hockey Jersey I was working on. Figuring out the front logo was a bit more difficult than I anticipated as just embroidering it to the front of the jersey wouldn't give the look I wanted. The jersey looks really great and I'm pretty happy with the results.

As a follow up to this I just wanted to direct people to another post which detailed the process of making the jeresey. This was a custom job and I have no intention of mass producing these, however I'm always on the look out for new and interesting projects so if you're looking for something special please just use the email me link to contact me directly to discuss the project. 

Some of the other projects I've done are motorcycle style patches for a gaming club, custom dice bags, award patches, jerseys and other random things.

Sweat shop

I'm not sure how those kids in the Nike factory do it. Over the weekend I learned how to use an embroidery machine. My mom is as obsessed with craft stuff as I am with games, so after my sister and I moved out our rooms were converted into something of a sweat shop. Being an old farmhouse there's no AC so the rooms upstairs tend to get a bit warm. (Ok maybe sweltering is more appropriate).

A friend of mine is getting married at the end of the month so I wanted to make a unique gift rather than just give a card with a check. We've been in the same fantasy football league since 2003, so I though I'd make a his and hers matching jersey with their wedding date as the numbers. Seems easy enough, right?

Well my mom decided that instead of her doing the embroidery it would be "beneficial" for me to learn to use the machine. Overall it's a fairly easy process, there's a computer program that you use to convert the art files to embroidery files and then the machine stitches them. Of course it's not really that simple as you need to hoop and measure and watch the machine so it doesn't snag something etc. That said I became intimately familiar with a seam ripper.

The applique process is also pretty time consuming. You first stitch a guide than put the material on and it stitches it down. Next you have to  take tiny scissors and trim the material down to the stitches. You then put it back on the machine and it does the satin stich to finish it off. Once that all done there are a ton of lose threads that need to be trimmed.

The jerseys turned out great and I'm hoping they'll really like them. I mean who wouldn't like matching team jerseys?

In addition to that project I also worked on a custom hockey jersey for Weird Sketch from Wyrd Miniatures. We met at Adepticon and he really liked my "Seamus" jersey and asked me to create a "Teddy" version for him. The jersey looks great as I found a company that sells blank NHL jerseys that are the same as what they wear on the ice. The jersey is almost complete I just need to finish the logo on the front.

Team Seamus

Adding to my ever expanding wardrobe of gaming gear is a football jersey. Every few years I create a new jersey for my fantasy football league. In the past I've had a Cryx Jersey and Black Legion Jersey made. In honor of my current gaming addiction I've had a Resurrectionist Jersey made. 

The font is an outlined version of "Blood Crow" which doesn't seamlessly translate to applique very well. I really like how it turned out and it's a nice change from my standard black. It's tricky ordering blank jerseys from uniform suppliers because the ones that are meant to be actual uniforms don't really fit well without pads and they tend to have a large steel-mesh grid rather than the standard dazzle material. Which means if you get that you'll need a t-shirt under it.

In other news I'll be starting a big project after I wrap up the game room renovation. It's inspired by this project. So I'll be posting step by steps once I begin.